Think about your organization’s IT performance today. How would you answer these questions?
- Is your company achieving the type of Return on Investment (ROI), Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Productivity that you expect?
- Does your IT department work seamlessly with the other business units or divisions?
- How does your organization measure IT performance and impact?
- Does your organization have an effective governance model for deciding how to make IT investments?
While different organizations may measure IT performance differently, there are a few effective practices that can deliver significant results in preparing an IT organization to be a leader within the company and to position itself to meet the demands of today’s global, fast paced business. Performing an IT Assessment will help you identify the gaps that exist, measured against industry benchmarks, and establish both the short and long-term plans necessary to deliver superior performance.
In short, an IT Assessment will help your organization achieve maximum Technology ROI.
What results can be expected from performing an IT Assessment?
The most important result of a successful IT Assessment is the alignment of the business’ and IT’s strategic priorities so that everyone is moving toward the same outcomes.
Specific recommendations may focus on:
- Enhancements to key IT processes;
- Implementation of new IT metrics, service level agreements and performance reports;
- Adjustments to IT strategies and plans;
- Changes to IT governance (e.g., improved prioritization processes) and/or organization structures including skills and competencies;
- Enhanced/improved technical architectures; or
- New or revised sourcing arrangements.
Implementation of these recommendations typically lead to the realization of such benefits as:
Improved IT performance;
Improved business performance;
Decreased operational risks;
Better control of the IT organization, processes and infrastructure;
Successful projects on time and on budget;
Decreased cost exposure from overruns;
Enhanced competitive position;
Internal control over financial reporting;
Improved security; and
Improved IT governance.
Conducting an IT Assessment is particularly important when there has been a change in senior management, a change in business direction, or when the marketplace commands that new ways of doing business are required. The IT Assessment will help your organization explore new ways of improving its return on IT investments and enabling improved business performance.
Due to the substantial benefits of an IT Assessment, companies are taking time to assess their IT groups to determine whether their platform supports today’s business and more importantly if their business can grow with the application, database and infrastructure that are currently in place.
Litcom provides a comprehensive and thorough review of your company’s technology environment. We will appraise the complete technology landscape and provide a written evaluation and recommendation on how to use technology in order to best meet your company’s business goals and objectives. We use leading practices and industry recognized methods within our Assessment.
The Assessment includes, but is not limited to:
- Leadership, management, organization, and governance;
- Strategy and plans;
- Skills and competencies;
- Application and data architecture and solutions;
- Network and communication architecture and performance;
- Infrastructure and data center operations;
- IT processes, methods and tools;
- Vendor arrangements and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Disaster recovery planning and backup solutions;
- Emerging technology reviews; and
- Budgets and investment plans.
Litcom’s IT Assessment provides a snapshot of your company’s IT environment and gives you an unbiased, third party perspective on the effectiveness of the strategy and plans, systems, staff, budget, vendors, procedures and company policies – allowing you to make the critical decisions about IT with a complete picture. For more information on IT Assessments, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How can an IT assessment benefit your organization?
An IT assessment provides your organization perspective on the effectiveness of its systems, staff, budget, vendors, procedures and company policies. For more information, download our guide or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.