OMERS Private Equity engaged Litcom to assist with the I.T. Due Diligence and Merger Integration planning work associated with an acquisition under review.
The Litcom team, working closely with the OMERS Private Equity deal team and Operations group, demonstrated professionalism and responsiveness in working with multiple parties, to collect and analyze the available data regarding the I.T. environments most critical to delivering the synergies upon which the deal was based.
Litcom addressed the following three major areas and tackled each of the questions within those areas to the degree of detail needed given the limited time and access provided.
Integration opportunities within IT environment:
- What might be achievable as a result of the acquisition in terms of resource rationalization (human, services and; technology);
- Are there areas within IT that represent high risk and could become potential ‘deal killers’; and
- Are there areas within either the portfolio company or the target acquisition that are operating in a stable manner and can potentially be leveraged in the merged entity?
Application / technology fit:
- What application functionality / systems might become the corporate platform for the current and future acquisition;
- How could the various applications and technology platforms be migrated / integrated;
- What options require further analysis regarding development of an integrated platform?
High level integration planning issues:
- What are the key technology integration issues and how might they be addressed in a Post-Merger Planning and Integration effort?