A Fractional CIO is an experienced, multi-faceted senior technology executive professional who serves as the part-time chief information officer (CIO) for organizations that otherwise could not afford or would not need a full time executive.
Some mid-market companies and growing startups don’t need a full-time CIO, but they need expert advisement on a regular basis. Other companies may have a need for more experience during a corporate transformation or acquisition. Alternatively, a company may need to fill a void during an executive search process. We are available to help you as a CIO, whether it is one day per week for six months or full time for three months.
We will work with you to develop a strategy and roadmap for your technology department and ensure it is aligned with your corporate strategy. We can assess the resources, vendors, applications and systems needed for your path to success.
Example Fractional CIO Services
- Product development process audits and assessment
- Alignment of technology to corporate strategy
- Acquisition strategy and technology due diligence
- Evaluation and instantiation of key performance metrics for vendors, team members and processes
- Data governance
- Coaching and leadership for team members to create a systems thinking environment
- Vendor management and evaluations
- Assessment of current technology applications and infrastructure with recommendations for cost savings, use of best practices and improved customer service
- Project management with focus on delivery and cost