Go Direct engaged Litcom on two separate engagements:
- IT Assessment
- Interim IT Management Support
Litcom’s approach provided us with an assessment of Go Direct’s ability to support its current and future needs and priorities from an IT perspective. Litcom reviewed existing documentation, conducted a series of interviews with selected members of the Go Direct executive team and the IT leader as well as key IT vendors. From the information collected, they provided value-added analysis of the current situation and compared the results to effective industry practices. In addition, they developed a set of practical next steps and recommendations for future directions including commentary on IT spending and appropriateness of current IT strategy and evolution plan.
After completing the IT Assessment, Go Direct proceeded with the recommendations from the report. In the absence of a fulltime IT leader, we engaged Litcom to help launch these projects while leveraging internal resources wherever possible. Litcom’s Interim IT leader operated temporarily in as Go Direct’s senior IT person and addressed the following items:
- Worked with key business users in developing functional requirements, conducting vendor software reviews and assisting in the implementation of selected IT solutions;
- Supported the migration of the technology infrastructure to an Ontario-based managed services provider.
- Worked with Go Direct’s existing IT team and oversaw execution of the immediate projects as identified in the Assessment; and
- Provided weekly status updates to the CEO on all IT-related projects and supported the establishment of a new IT function/department based in Ontario.